Weprofab has molded acrylic parts for many years and well-known in the acrylic industry.
We are offering different manufacturing services like milled acrylic parts, CNC milling acrylic parts, polycarbonate acrylic parts, and many more.
You can send us your ideal acrylic parts and we will give you the best products that you deserve.
Get WeProFab Acrylic Parts to Delight Your Customers
Weprofab is the trusted supplier of acrylic parts. Acrylic parts are made of high-quality acrylic materials featuring excellent properties of resistance from breaking, heat, chemicals, and more based on their applications. We can provide for your needs and let you send your own drawings based on your project requirements. We can cater to all your acrylic parts needs for your business.
Custom Acrylic Part Products Series (9)
Custom Your Plastic Dome from Small to Large
WeProFab is a joint-venture company between WeeTect Material Limited and a Chinese local fabrication manufacturer. We tend to offer you a one-stop solution for plastic fabrication and also metal fabrication.
As the years go by, Weprofab has a good reputation for dealing with our customers throughout the world. We continuing our legacy in producing world-class acrylic parts and enhance the range level of our quality products.
For inquiry now, send us a message and we will give you feedback right away.
Why WeProFab Acrylic Parts
Weprofab acrylic parts are one of the well-known competitors of glass and polycarbonate all over the world.
Most of the manufacturers preferred acrylic since it is very economical and best substitute for polycarbonate.
For instance, acrylic parts can be formed to any shape depending on its applications.
It is used a lot, especially in acrylic production.
Compared to other acrylic parts has superb weathering properties.
Most of the acrylic parts are much stronger than glass.
It has a shatterproof, shock-resistant, corrosion-resistant and weatherproof.
Acrylic parts have UV light protection that may not deteriorate after exposing the light for a long period of time.
Weprofab is one of the trusted manufacturers of acrylic parts in China.
We provide innovative solutions in all your acrylic parts.
We specialize in making and fabricating different types of acrylic products in order to meet your exact demand.
Over the years we’ve trained our engineers and staff to enhance the skills and become experts in the manufacturing process.
And achieving our main objectives which to satisfy the needs of our customers.
Most of all to ensure that we exceed the customer’s product qualification.
Weprofab working hard together with our knowledgeable engineers and staff to produce acrylic product with excellent quality of customers service and cost-effective products.
In order to produce high quality of acrylic products, we used our latest technology equipment to meet our client’s expectations.
If you are interested with our acrylic parts products, send us an inquiries now and we will glad to help you in all your acrylic parts needs.
Ultimate FAQ Guide To Acrylic Parts
Acrylic is transparent and tough and you can use it in a variety of applications.
From high-precision LCD screens to high-impact shatterproof windows, acrylic parts are preferred by vendors looking for alternatives to glass.
With manufacturing capabilities reaching new highs, innovative designs can be replicated in bulk to maintain extremely high standards at low cost.
Read to find out all you need to know about acrylic parts.
- What Are Acrylic Parts Used For?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Acrylic Parts?
- Which Quality Standards Should Acrylic Parts Conform To?
- How Long Do Acrylic Parts Last?
- How Do You Clean Acrylic Parts?
- How Do You Verify The Quality Of Acrylic Parts?
- What Are The Design Options For Custom Acrylic Parts?
- How Can You Bend Acrylic Parts?
- What Are The Different Types Of Acrylic Parts?
- How Can You Cut Acrylic Parts?
- What Are Some Of The Methods Used In Machining Acrylic Parts?
- How Do You Assemble Acrylic Parts For Display?
- What Adhesives Are Used To Bond Acrylic Parts?
- How Are Acrylic Parts Aligned For Bonding?
- Can You Bond Rubber To Acrylic Parts?
- Can You Bond Acrylic Parts To Wood?
- How Do You Choose The Adhesive To Bond Acrylic Parts To Metal?
- What Are The Benefits Of Acrylic Parts?
- Are There Disadvantages Of Acrylic Parts?
- Are Acrylic Parts Non-Conductive?
- How Do You Polish Acrylic Parts?
- How Are Acrylic Parts Manufactured?
- How Do You Remove Scratches From Acrylic Parts?
- How Do Acrylic Parts Compare To Polycarbonate Parts?
- Can Acrylic Parts Replace Polycarbonate Parts?
- Do Acrylic Parts Break Easily?
- Can You Drill Holes Into Acrylic Parts?
- Can Acrylic Parts Be Affected By Exposure To Water For A Long Time?
- Are Acrylic Parts Chemical Resistant?
- Are Acrylic Parts Environmentally Friendly?
- How Do You Remove Stuck Stickers Off Acrylic Parts?
What Are Acrylic Parts Used For?
You can come up with unique designs for your acrylic parts to serve specific needs.
Optical injection moldings from your drawings, cut-to-size screen lens and cluster lens with anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings, and 3D printed acrylic parts are just some examples of acrylic parts.
What Are The Characteristics Of Acrylic Parts?
Acrylic Parts Characteristics
You can use acrylic parts in areas where high transparency rates are required.
Windows, canopies, and turrets are high-impact resistance applications.
Acrylic parts are scratch resistant and can be recycled.
They melt at 160 degrees Celsius and can be reshaped into other forms and sizes.
Plastic welding of acrylic parts at the molecular level turns them into solid molded material with invisible welds.
Which Quality Standards Should Acrylic Parts Conform To?
There are several quality standards including incoming quality control (IQC), in process quality control (IPQC) and outgoing quality control (OQC).
Your acrylic parts must adhere to the acceptable quality level that you agree with your supplier.
How Long Do Acrylic Parts Last?
They can last for a long time of about 10 years.
In general, acrylic parts are 10 times stronger than glass parts which have the same dimensions, which helps to increase the time that acrylic parts can last.
Ideal for indoor as well as outdoor use, acrylic parts also remain unaffected by weather changes and salt sprays.
This means you will find that acrylic parts do not warp, swell, or lose their clarity easily.
How Do You Clean Acrylic Parts?
Clean acrylic parts with a mixture of mild soap and water.
Use a cleaning cloth to gently remove dirt and moisture.
Ammonia-based cleaning agents that are normally used to clean glass cannot be used, as the ammonia eats into the acrylic material.
This may cause hazing effects, or the acrylic parts may develop fine scratches.
This video shows you how to clean acrylic mirrors but the same principles apply to cleaning any other acrylic parts.
How Do You Verify The Quality Of Acrylic Parts?
Tests are run in laboratories to determine the quality of acrylic parts, depending on the properties of components under different conditions.
You can test the wet and dry behaviour of acrylic parts under varying stress levels and environments.
Dimensional stability is tested on exposure to extremely hot conditions.
ASTM standards are maintained in specifying, evaluating, and testing the chemical and physical properties of acrylic parts.
With test results, you can be certain of the properties that you need from your acrylic parts.
What Are The Design Options For Custom Acrylic Parts?
Due to the ability to machine acrylic parts into different shapes, you can customize your designs to ensure your acrylic parts fit into your operations and work without failure.
How Can You Bend Acrylic Parts?
You can heat up acrylic and bend it as it is a thermoplastic.
Remove the protective covering from your acrylic and lay a piece of strip wood over it.
You can use a ruler to check that your acrylic is clamped properly under your strip wood jig.
Use a heat source to heat the acrylic evenly along a line in front of the straight edge of your clamped strip wood jig. Do this at a slow speed to ensure even heating.
Remember not to let your heat source get too near to the strip wood or it will catch fire.
As you apply heat, press on the acrylic sheet and eventually you will find the acrylic will move easily.
When that happens, remove the heat source.
Wear a protective glove and push the sheet up to bend it against the line of the jig with both hands to ensure even bending.
Hold the acrylic sheet at the angle for a few seconds and then allow it to cool.
This video shows you how to bend acrylic parts to your desired design.
What Are The Different Types Of Acrylic Parts?
You have full control over the type of acrylic material you need to make your acrylic parts.
A good manufacturer can easily cut and form the acrylic you choose into precision end products.
Specialty acrylic materials offer superior physical and chemical properties than traditional acrylic.
They are customized to match any project.
Here are the different types of acrylic parts:
· Frosted Acrylic Parts
You can use frosted acrylic parts with unique light transmission capabilities in any project.
Clear Frosted Acrylic
Clear Frosted Acrylic
You can use clear frosted acrylic material that can be used to create acrylic parts for any application with a touch of elegance.
The exceptionally powerful and durable acrylic clear frosted plexiglass variety is useful in glazing applications, general fabrication, and store fixtures.
White Frosted Acrylic
White Frosted Acrylic
With the same structural integrity as clear frosted acrylic, you can use white frosted acrylic in commercial signage and other display applications where backlighting is used.
· Acrylic Skylights
Acrylic skylights are acrylic parts manufactured in a wide range of shapes and sizes to allow natural sunlight to illuminate a room.
Tinted Acrylic Skylight
Tinted Acrylic Skylight
If you use a tinted acrylic skylight, it filters out harsh UV rays and sunlight while still ensuring your room is filled with natural sunlight.
- Clear Acrylic Skylight
Clear Acrylic Skylight
With a clear acrylic skylight, you can take in the external view while enjoying the pleasure of having natural sunlight in your room.
Clear acrylic skylights can come in various shapes including curved or pyramid shaped skylights.
- Curved Acrylic Skylight
Curved Acrylic Skylight
Many houses and buildings have a unique curved-shaped plexiglass skylight that allows rainwater or snow to roll out.
Hence, water will not collect on the surface of the skylight.
- Frosted Plexiglass Skylight
Frosted Acrylic Skylight
To reduce light transmission, you can have a frosted acrylic skylight.
However, you will not be able to view outside which can decrease the aesthetic quality of your room.
· Acrylic Signs
Depending on your business needs, a good supplier can laser cut, machine, polish and combine acrylic parts to make acrylic signs.
- Illuminated Plexiglass Signs
Illuminated Acrylic Signs
Illuminated acrylic signs can create a unique atmosphere in your business and helps it to stand out especially at night.
- Personalized Plexiglass Signs
Personalized Acrylic Signs
You can personalize your acrylic signs to have customized shapes or be printed with custom messages with screen printing.
Acrylic Display Stands
Acrylic Display Stands
Display stands are acrylic parts that can be printed with a message and placed on a table as a souvenir or award.
These are often used as awards or corporate gifts.
- Wall Plexiglass Signs
Wall Acrylic Signs
You can get wall acrylic signs with your company name or department names to hang in your office.
How Can You Cut Acrylic Parts?
Laser Cutting Acrylic
Ideally suited for laser cutting, acrylic parts can be cut to exact dimensions.
If you have access to high-end acrylic laser cutting capabilities, you can effortlessly cut through the acrylic to the shapes you need.
Laser cut edges appear smooth and beautiful.
You also save on polishing costs when acrylic parts are laser cut.
This video shows you how to laser cut acrylic parts.
What Are Some Of The Methods Used In Machining Acrylic Parts?
Several methods are used for machine acrylic parts.
You can die-cut components of acrylic parts before assembling them.
Die-cutting basically means using a machine with a small blade to cut out elements of an acrylic sheet to make your acrylic part.
You use turning for round-shaped acrylic parts.
This means turning the acrylic sheet on a lathe for a semi-matte surface.
3. CNC Machining
Acrylic parts with complex shapes are cut on a computer numerical control (CNC) or computer-controlled cutting machine.
You can pre-program computer software to control machinery and get the shape you want.
By drilling acrylic parts, you can make holes to join acrylic parts to something else.
5. Laser Cutting
Industrial lasers set on computer-controlled profiles are used to melt materials that are assembled into acrylic parts.
How Do You Assemble Acrylic Parts For Display?
Acrylic Box Assembly
First, you need to determine the size of the acrylic display box that you need.
Based on the drawing or three- dimensional prototype you can then laser cut two, three or four identical sides.
These acrylic sheets are aligned and held in place to create three sides, while chemical bonding takes place with the help of an adhesive.
Wipe off the excess glue.
Let the glue cure for at least 24 hours.
You can now fit the last sheet into place with the help of hinges.
What Adhesives Are Used To Bond Acrylic Parts?
You will find that the heat-curable epoxy adhesive is best suited to bond single-component acrylic parts.
Solvent-based glues that soften and weld acrylic surfaces with a chemical bond are the most appropriate.
Compounds like phenol-formaldehyde (PH), cyanoacrylate, polyvinyl acetate (PVA), and ethylene-vinyl-acetate (EVA) are adhesive materials designed to resist chemicals and water.
Adhesives with different coefficients of thermal expansion are used to fulfill application needs.
There are also ultraviolet curing adhesives for acrylic parts cure only when exposed to light.
They are colorless and create strong bonds.
How Are Acrylic Parts Aligned For Bonding?
First, you need to remove grease and other sticky substances are removed from the acrylic parts to be bonded.
Use 120-200 sandpaper to sand the surface.
You can then mix the glue and apply it to both surfaces of the acrylic part.
Press the surfaces together lightly and hold in place to remove bubbles.
This video shows you how to glue acrylic and align the parts together for bonding.
Can You Bond Rubber To Acrylic Parts?
You need to know the exact type of rubber used.
After determining the surface energy of the acrylic used to make these acrylic parts, you need to consider application requirements like strength and temperature.
You can then add adhesive to the rubber. However, you need to take note of the adhesive as there may be outgassing plasticizers used on the rubber that may attack the adhesive.
Can You Bond Acrylic Parts To Wood?
Yes, it is possible.
You can use clear epoxy glue but be wary of seepage while the glue sets.
Wipe off any excess glue that seeps out of the wood before the glue sets.
Remember to use glue that is resistant to UV rays as some clear glue may yellow with exposure to U rays from sunlight.
You can also use wood peg mounts to bond your wood to acrylic.
How Do You Choose The Adhesive To Bond Acrylic Parts To Metal?
The right adhesive to bond acrylic parts to metal needs to have high resistance against temperature and chemical changes in end applications.
Unless a clear bond is required, you can use cyanoacrylate for this purpose.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives are also great for use if you need fast curing while bonding acrylic parts to metal.
What Are The Benefits Of Acrylic Parts?
· 5 Benefits Of Acrylic Cluster Lens
- When you use the acrylic cluster lens, abrasion resistant cover lens has high impact resistance.
- The acrylic cluster lens allows 92% of the light to pass through making it highly transparent and optically clearer than both polycarbonate and cluster glass lenses.
- Acrylic parts reduce blue light by adjusting the screen to allow natural light. This effect causes less strain on your eyes, and you can read at night with ease.
- Its high scratch-resistant properties prevent visibility errors and damage to cluster lens surfaces.
- Durable and easy to install, acrylic lenses need very little or no maintenance to extend their working lifecycles.
· 5 Benefits Of Acrylic Boxes
- Acrylic display boxes are highly transparent so you can have a clear view of the items inside.
- They are lightweight, so you can move them around from one location to another quite easily.
- Acrylic boxes can be tinted to protect valuable objects from fading.
- Decorative features are added to acrylic parts in areas where they do not compromise clarity.
- You can easily fabricate acrylic boxes and assemble them into any size or shape.
· 5 Benefits of Acrylic Signage
- You can draw the immediate attention of potential customers with a great acrylic sign.
- You can also obtain a good quality acrylic sign at a low cost.
- You can customize them to match and enhance the visual appeal for your business.
- A good sign is durable and can last very long.
- They are versatile, can be cut to size, and can be used in hot and humid conditions.
· 5 Benefits of Acrylic Mirrors
- The acrylic mirror is designed to resist clouding. You have a clear reflection at all times.
- Acrylic mirrors are shatterproof, so these acrylic parts don’t break easily even on direct impact.
- They are more reflective than glass or polycarbonate. They can reflect 92% of the light.
- Decorative acrylic mirrors come in different sizes, shapes, and colors to add beauty to the interiors of a room.
- The two-way acrylic mirror comes with a tinted mirror coat on the back. This makes it possible to see through the two-way mirror on one side while increasing light reflection on the other side.
Are There Disadvantages Of Acrylic Parts?
- You will find that acrylic parts are less resistant to scratches as compared to glass. Therefore, acrylic signs will lose their visual appeal when they develop scratches.
- As the basic acrylic material turns yellow over time, acrylic parts are likely to be less transparent, especially in outdoor conditions.
- They cannot come in direct contact with a torch flame, as they tend to melt at 160 degrees Celsius.
- You can easily stain acrylic mirrors with oil or grease.
- If the mirror alignment is disturbed, the acrylic mirror bends, and images appear distorted.
Are Acrylic Parts Non-Conductive?
No, acrylic parts are conductive, but a special spray coat can be applied to make them non-conductive.
How Do You Polish Acrylic Parts?
The edges of the acrylic parts are flame polished.
You can buff odd-shaped parts to remove burrs.
Finished components are vapor polished to meet accurate tolerance limits.
How Are Acrylic Parts Manufactured?
Acrylic parts are manufactured keeping in mind your anti-scratch, anti-glare, and anti-fog requirements.
Your manufacturer must have full capabilities to fulfill your project based on your designs.
1. Injected Screen Lens Or Cluster Lens
Injected Screen Lens Or Cluster Lens
Optical injection moulding can be done with polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) resin.
Acrylic parts are flat or 3D shaped with silk screens, surface treatments, and other special features.
You can also install anti-fog inserts and die-cut anti-fog films on your instrument cluster lenses.
The super abrasion resistant cover lens remains without scratches even months of usage.
These injected screens or cluster lenses are integrated with other accessories often procured by the manufacturer.
2. Acrylic Boxes
Acrylic display boxes, make-up organizers, cabinets and tanks can be manufactured by cutting acrylic into different shapes and joining them.
Laser cutting can produce smooth edges, thereby avoiding the polishing process.
You can also print logos or images on these acrylic boxes to customize them.
Optical acrylic bonding is done in small to extremely large acrylic boxes to join the different acrylic parts without the occurrence of bubbles or other defects.
You can also add hinges or locks to the boxes depending on the purpose of the boxes.
3. Acrylic Signs
Custom acrylic signs, letters, door signs, and frosted signs can be made from plain and textured acrylic sheets.
You can do this by laser cutting acrylic sheets to your desired size.
After that, you can use screen printing or CNC machining to further customize your acrylic sign depending on what you’re using it for.
4. Acrylic Mirrors
Shatterproof, anti-fingerprint, anti-scratch, and anti-reflection acrylic mirrors are manufactured with cut-to-size services.
You can use castor extruded acrylic sheets to shape these acrylic mirrors.
If you need acrylic mirrors in another colour such as gold, you can apply a metal finish.
A special acrylic mirror sheet is applied to a fog-free shower mirror in order to prevent fog or mist from forming.
How Do You Remove Scratches From Acrylic Parts?
· How To Remove Light Scratches From Acrylic Parts
- Run a wet piece of 800-grit sandpaper over the scratch in a circular motion.
- Do the same with a dry piece of 800-grit sandpaper.
- Repeat these wet and dry sanding processes for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Near the end of this exercise, you will find that scratches and frosting caused by the process begin to diminish.
- Next, take some 1200-grit sandpaper and rub it on the surface until you see all the scratches disappear.
- Dry the surface with a cleaning cloth.
- To remove all signs of scratches, apply a specialized industrial-grade acrylic polish and shine your acrylic parts.
· How To Remove Deep Scratches From Acrylic Parts
- You need to use this process if you can feel a gap in the scratch, as this means this is a very deep scratch you are dealing with.
- Start the wet and dry sanding process with 600-grit sandpaper as with the process of removing light scratches.
- Repeat the same process with the 800 and 1200 grades.
- The final polishing stage should remove the scratch.
You can watch this video to learn how to remove scratches.
How Do Acrylic Parts Compare To Polycarbonate Parts?
Acrylic parts are more suited for high light-transmittance applications, while polycarbonate parts are preferred in high impact-resistance applications.
You will find that polycarbonate parts are around 25 times stronger than acrylic parts of similar dimensions.
Acrylic offers higher scratch resistance capabilities as compared to polycarbonate.
Acrylic parts are heavier in weight.
They also cost around 35% less than polycarbonate parts.
Can Acrylic Parts Replace Polycarbonate Parts?
Acrylic parts, with its superior 92% light transmittance, can replace polycarbonate parts as they have only 89% light transmittance.
However, if you need parts that are extremely impact-resistant and strong, you will still need to use polycarbonate.
Do Acrylic Parts Break Easily?
After many years, it is normal for acrylic parts to lose a bit of their strength.
However, you will find they will not shatter on breaking like ordinary glass.
Can You Drill Holes Into Acrylic Parts?
Yes, you can.
Diamond-dusted drill bits are ideally suited to drill holes into acrylic parts with their 60-degree points and sharp edges.
These bits do not cause chips to form at the point of entry.
This video shows you how you can drill holes into acrylic parts.
Can Acrylic Parts Be Affected By Exposure To Water For A Long Time?
No, acrylic parts are not affected by exposure to water for a long time.
They sustain their dimensional stability.
Even if they are immersed in water, they do not lose their clarity, swell or warp.
Are Acrylic Parts Chemical Resistant?
In general, acrylic parts are not affected by detergents, alkalis, aliphatic hydrocarbons, dilute inorganic acids and other lab chemicals that contain water as the solvent.
However, you can’t use acrylic parts with esters, aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Are Acrylic Parts Environmentally Friendly?
Over the past few years, bio-based PMMA made from renewable organic feedstock has been developed that is environmentally friendly.
You can chemically recycle acrylic parts in different ways.
PMMA contained in these parts is subjected to pyrolysis, the process used to decompose acrylic materials at high temperature within an inert room or chamber.
You then depolymerize the material with molten lead to recover over 98% pure methyl methacrylate (MMA) from PMMA.
How Do You Remove Stuck Stickers Off Acrylic Parts?
It’s easy to remove stuck stickers off acrylic parts with the help of vegetable or baby oil.
Dip a piece of clean cloth into the oil until it saturates.
Apply this oil directly on the sticker and its edges.
Allow the oil to soak for about 5 minutes.
Use a clean dry cloth to wipe the sticker away.
Wash the affected area with soap and water.
You can watch this video to find out how to remove stickers that are stuck on acrylic parts.