Black Polycarbonate Sheet
Weprofab fully equipped in making different kinds of black polycarbonate sheets. We are capable of fabricating and supplying your black polycarbonate sheet business not only in Mainland China but also across the globe.
Get WeProFab Black Polycarbonate Sheet Delight Your Customers
For better selection of black polycarbonate sheet, check our top selling polycarbonate sheet products.
Here in Weprofab, in fabricating coated black polycarbonate sheets, we only used high graded manufacturing materials for better outcomes.
Weprofab offers plenty of black polycarbonate sheet sizes in order to meet your size standards.
Weprofab is a great manufacturer of anti-scratch black polycarbonate sheets in China. We provide great quality products and outstanding services.
Weprofab is one of the largest producers of black opaque polycarbonate sheet that can supply your business needs.
If you need a 2 mm black polycarbonate sheet, Weprofab can highly provide that for you. We are a reliable manufacturer that willing to help you.
Weprofab Solid black polycarbonate sheets has spectacular strength and one of the safest type of polycarbonate sheets.
WeProFab is a joint-venture company between WeeTect Material Limited and a Chinese local fabrication manufacturer. We tend to offer you a one-stop solution for fabrication.
Weprofab engage in manufacturing black polycarbonate sheet for more than 20 years now. We can fulfill your business need in supplying not just black polycarbonate sheets but also Transparent Black Polycarbonate Sheet, Printable, UV Protection, Black Flame Retardant, Sound Proof Black Polycarbonate Sheet, and many more.
We have best manufacturing facilities and equipment to boost our product strength and overall production capacity.
Custom Black Polycarbonate Sheet to Skyrocket Your Brand
If you are looking for a transparent black polycarbonate sheet, Weprofab has it all.
WeProFab printable black polycarbonate sheets are popular as a reliable material that is ideal for your desired application.
Whenever you need a UV protection black polycarbonate sheet we can supply a great one. Take a look at any of our polycarbonate products.
In Weprofab, we have a plenty of black polycarbonate sheets that are available in our warehouse.
Whatever black polycarbonate sheet you need, WeProFab glad to provide that. We are also able to provide a soundproof black polycarbonate sheet for you.
2mm black polycarbonate sheet is shatter-resistant and doesn’t easily age. 2mm in thickness is perfect for a wide range of indoor and outdoor projects. Also guarantees outstanding levels of precision.
Black coated polycarbonate sheet has high dielectric strength and is virtually unbreakable. Features a good color depth and coated with black color. Has a high gloss surface layer that can be useful in different applications.
Black corrugated polycarbonate sheet is an excellent and cost-effective solution for roofing and window panels. Highly applicable in carports and canopies. Corrugated in structure and ensures a longer life span.
The Black embossed polycarbonate sheet features a high gloss surface layer. Embellished with a raised pattern and is perfectly suited for presentation purposes. Available in different styles, and dimensions, and is highly customizable.
Black frosted polycarbonate sheet is ideal for a wide range of uses such as in kitchens and gyms. Engineered with an ultra-tough and versatile material. Arrives with a roughened coating that is available in varying thicknesses.
Black matte polycarbonate sheet is a very durable material. Features a matte black hard coating for added protection. Applicable in a wider temperature range with extreme impact resistance. Can also be machined easily.
A black polycarbonate paneling sheet is a perfect substitute for glass panels. Guarantees great functionality for both indoor and outdoor applications. Features a flexible, safe, and long-lasting alternative.
Black polycarbonate patterned sheets can be installed easily and safely. Arrives with a patterned surface. Features shatter-resistant and long-lasting solution that is ideal for use in both indoor and outdoor projects.
Black polycarbonate roofing sheet offers unmatched scratch-resistant quality. Primarily used for both residential and commercial roofing purposes. Features excellent optical clarity and flexibility.
Black polycarbonate solid sheet is made from strong and lightweight material. Comes with a solid structure and provides an excellent light transmission. Accessible in black color with different sizes and shapes.
Hard coated black polycarbonate sheet is made of high-quality raw materials. Hard coated surface finish which enhances its longevity. Equipped also with enhanced impact strength and flexibility.
Flame retardant black polycarbonate sheet has unmatched mechanical properties. Guarantees comprehensive performance that can be utilized internationally. Extremely fire-resistant and environmentally friendly.
High gloss black polycarbonate sheet is well known for being durable, lightweight, and cost-effective. Highly glossy in appearance that improves the aesthetic quality. Equipped with protective film on both sides.
Impact-resistant black polycarbonate sheet is a durable material that maintains its dimensional stability. Features an excellent impact resistance and toughness. Offers excellent machinability and customizability.
Textured black polycarbonate sheet is a flexible material to work with. Can be drilled and shaped to any requirements and has a rough surface. Typically applied in commercial spaces and can prevent corrosion.
A transparent black polycarbonate sheet has a high impact tolerance. Features a clear and glossy appearance. Can withstand severe weather conditions and is capable to be fabricated based on the desired requirements.
Triple wall black polycarbonate sheet has excellent light transmission. Best suited in factory lighting, factory window, and carports. Arrives with a triple wall structure and the colors and dimensions can be customized.
Twin wall black polycarbonate sheet is perfect for a wide range of projects both outdoors and indoors. Offers admirable strength, durability, and UV protection. Arrives with a high-quality twin-wall structure.
Why WeProfab Black Polycarbonate Sheet
Weprofab black polycarbonate sheet is one of the best and most in-demand in the market.
It is a kind of material that offers durability, moldable, and lightweight.
Black polycarbonate sheets can be used for many applications that may include all kinds of residential and industrial purposes.
Weprofab black polycarbonate sheets are very useful for both construction and sign manufacturing business.
Our black polycarbonate sheets have a great value for anyone that are using black polycarbonate sheet for their specific business.
In addition, black polycarbonate sheets have the finest properties that are high impact resistance, which is more than 200 times compared to other polycarbonate products.
Our black polycarbonate sheets are manufactured from high-quality polycarbonate materials.
It is also popular in roofing applications, as it offers superior glazing solutions.
When it regards to strength and durability of a sheet black polycarbonate sheets, it offers more strength than others that making them ideal for a wide array of applications.
As a leading and certified black polycarbonate sheet manufacturer, we can control all the product standards.
Our black polycarbonate sheets are made with quality materials that are very effective and strong at all applications.
WeProFab black polycarbonate sheets are perfectly coated side by side.
If you consider WeProFab as your black polycarbonate sheet supplier, we ensure to provide a great product and safest shipping.
Weprofab is your one stop polycarbonate center for any shape, any designs, and any product.
We have an large warehouse and facilities blend with professional staff that ensure our products and services for our dearest clients.
At Weprofab, we are dedicated in serving you.
Your order will be treated individually, in a professional way.
We are glad in serving you with the right black polycarbonate sheet for the right application, providing quality products at competitive prices.
For more information contact us directly!
Black Polycarbonate Sheet: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This guide will help you choose high-quality black polycarbonate sheets for your applications.
So, if you have any questions about the black polycarbonate sheet, you will find the answer right here.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What Is A Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Are The Uses Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Are The Features Of the Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Can Black Polycarbonate Sheet Be Curved?
- What Are the Benefits of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- How Should I Store Packed Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- How Can I Cut Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Is The Impact Strength Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Is Black Polycarbonate Sheet UV Resistant?
- What Is The Available Thickness Of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
- What Are The Processes Of Machining And Fabricating Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What is the UL Rating of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
- What Are The Factors Affecting Quality Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet Bending?
- How Do You Thermoform Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
- How Do You Test The Quality Of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
- What Should I Use To Clean My Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- How Does A Solid Black Polycarbonate Sheet Compare To A Multiwall Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Is The Difference Between Acrylic Sheet And Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- How Does Transparent Polycarbonate Sheet Compare To Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Can I Polish Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- How Can You Drill Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Which Printing Methods Are Used In Black Polycarbonate Sheet Printing?
- How Do I Bond Two Pieces Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet Together?
- Is Black Polycarbonate Sheeting Flammable?
- What Are The Main Techniques Of Bending Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Can Black Polycarbonate Sheet Be Recycled?
- Are There Any Disadvantages Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Precautions Should I Take When Fabricating Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- What Are The Features Of A Matte Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
- Will The Black Polycarbonate Sheet Fade With Time?
- Is Black Polycarbonate Sheet Opaque Or Translucent?
- Which Coating Can You Apply On Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
What Is A Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
It is an amorphous thermoplastic material sheet that is black.
Although polycarbonate is a naturally transparent material, black polycarbonate sheets consist of black pigment. This pigment is responsible for its black color.
It is robust, opaque, and is UV stabilized with a glossy finish on either side of the panel.
A Black Polycarbonate Sheet
What Are The Uses Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Black polycarbonate sheets can be used for many applications, especially for heavy-duty applications that need additional strength.
Some of the uses of black polycarbonate sheets include:
- Used for storage shelves
- Machine guards
- Merchandise displays
- Structural parts
- Fabricated components
- Secondary and internal glazing
- Swimming pool cover
- Industrial and curved roof lighting
A Swimming Pool Cover Made From Polycarbonate Sheet
What Are The Features Of the Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Features of black polycarbonate sheet include:
- It is virtually unbreakable and has so much impact resistance.
- Easily machinable
- Light in weight
- High dialect strength
- Wide range of temperature operation, that is, between -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Low scratch resistance.
Polycarbonate Sheets Are Light In Weight
Can Black Polycarbonate Sheet Be Curved?
Yes, black polycarbonate sheets can be cold-curved and presented in arced shapes.
This will be possible if the essential specifications for the minimum radius in cold curving are adhered to.
It is possible to curve solid black polycarbonate sheets in any direction, while multiwall black polycarbonate sheets can be arched to curve the actual ribs lengthwise.
You should not curve black polycarbonate sheets across the direction of the rib.
2 mm Multiwall Black Polycarbonate Sheets
What Are the Benefits of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Some of the benefits of black polycarbonate sheet include:
- Black polycarbonate sheet offers high tensile strength because it is powerful.
- It can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, thus offering protection to the environment.
- Very light in weight, thus makes it very easy to transport and ensures lower carbon footprint output.
- It is versatile as you can choose various colors and light filtering through.
- A black polycarbonate sheet can reduce the heat in rooms through temperature control to absorb the heat.
- It is shatterproof and thus suited for roofing.
- Black polycarbonate sheets are energy efficient.
- It is very durable and thus will last for a very long time.
- Black polycarbonate sheets can be moldable. They can be molded for any use and still retain their durability.
Therefore, they will suit a wide range of applications.
- It is naturally strong and has a high impact strength.
- Black polycarbonate sheets are naturally resistant to heat. You can combine black polycarbonate sheets with flame retardant materials without experiencing degradation.
Energy Efficient, Flame resistant Black Polycarbonate Sheets On A Window
How Should I Store Packed Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Store packed black polycarbonate sheets in a ventilated site, protected and shaded, and has no direct exposure to winds and sunlight.
If you use outdoor storage, you should cover using an opaque protective film and avoid using materials that absorb heat and PVC films.
It is essential to note that surface protective film used to cover black polycarbonate sheets is susceptible to heat and direct sunlight.
Additionally, a lot of heat and sunlight before taking off the film results in gluing the movie onto the sheet’s surface.
Once this has happened, it will be difficult and practically impossible to remove it from the black polycarbonate sheet.
How Can I Cut Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
You can cut black polycarbonate sheets using a handsaw or fine-tooth circular saw.
It is essential to ensure that you support the polycarbonate sheet near where you would like to cut.
In addition, hold it very firm to eliminate stress and vibration.
If you are cutting a multiwall polycarbonate sheet, ensure you eliminate the dust from it by using dry air that is compressed or a vacuum cleaner.
What Is The Impact Strength Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
A black polycarbonate sheet is almost unbreakable.
For example, a 3mm black polycarbonate sheet can withstand a ball of about 4kgs released from a height of 9.5 meters 3 consecutive times.
The black polycarbonate sheet will not break or shatter, and it is for this reason, it is suitable for a lot of applications that need extreme resistance to impact.
Is Black Polycarbonate Sheet UV Resistant?
Yes, a black polycarbonate sheet is UV resistant, and its UV side is protected using a masking film.
It is essential to ensure that you remove the masking film only after the black polycarbonate sheet has been installed to avoid installing it on the wrong side.
Naked eyes cannot see the UV side of the black polycarbonate sheet.
Therefore, you will need a laboratory test to prove the side that is UV resistant.
A Black Polycarbonate UV Resistant Door Canopy
What Is The Available Thickness Of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
There is a wide range of thicknesses of black polycarbonate sheet, and the kind you select will majorly depend on your budget.
It is essential to be aware that the thicker the black polycarbonate sheet, the better the insulation effect.
Some of the available thicknesses of black polycarbonate sheets include:
- 4 mm
- 6 mm
- 10 mm
- 16 mm
- 25 mm
- 32 mm
- 35 mm
What Are The Processes Of Machining And Fabricating Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
The processes of machining and fabricating polycarbonate sheets entail either:
- Elimination of certain sections through cutting, drilling, and milling.
- Manipulation of the structure or shape of black polycarbonate sheet either through thermoforming or molding.
The processes of machining and fabrication of black polycarbonate sheets include:
Bending Black Polycarbonate Sheet
It is a straightforward way of fabricating black polycarbonate sheets, and it enables you to make unique products by the addition of simple curves.
This process entails applying a reasonable amount of force onto a black polycarbonate sheet the is straight.
The force can make a curve, channel shape, V-shape, U-shape, or any angle.
It will mainly depend on the type of black polycarbonate sheet you would like to make.
The actual process of bending polycarbonate sheets entails the following methods:
- Cold bending: it does not need heat to bend black polycarbonate sheets, and you will be able to make several sheets depending on the magnitude of force and size.
You can either use cold curving or cold line bending in bending the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Hot bending: it entails applying a reasonable amount of heat to bend the black polycarbonate sheet.
You can achieve this using a heat gun to turn the black polycarbonate sheet or hotline bending of the black polycarbonate sheet.
Diagrammatical Elaboration Of Bending
Cutting Black Polycarbonate Sheets
You need to cut black polycarbonate sheets to specific dimensions.
Some of the processes of cutting polycarbonate sheets include:
- Sawing: it entails using a saw to cut the black polycarbonate sheet to suitable sizes. Some of the tools to achieve this include sewing machines, safety gear such as goggles and gloves, and marking and measuring instruments.
- Laser cutting makes it possible to produce flexible and precise cuts and ensures no flaking in the black polycarbonate sheet.
Cutting Polycarbonate Sheets
Milling Black Polycarbonate Sheets
Milling is a machining technique that will help you remove sections or parts from a black polycarbonate sheet.
You can do it using a rotary cutter to eliminate particles from the workpiece.
If you want to make holes in the black polycarbonate sheet, you can use a CNC routing machine.
It is essential to consider tolerances, readability, and positional accuracy when selecting a milling device.
In addition, cutting black polycarbonate sheets using CNC is very accurate and produces smooth finishes.
Several factors will determine the quality of the final black polycarbonate sheet, and some of these include:
- Speed of routing needs to range from 20,000 to 25,000 pm.
- The procedure of feeding the black polycarbonate sheet into the machine.
- Rating of the motor of the CNC machine
- Material of the router bit such as carbide or high-speed steel
A CNC Machine
Drilling Black Polycarbonate Sheets
Drilling a polycarbonate sheet is the process of eliminating particles from the black polycarbonate sheet.
Drilling entails using a machine that has drill bits to make holes on the black polycarbonate sheet.
Injection Molding Black Polycarbonate Sheet
It refers to making components and items through the injection of a black polycarbonate sheet into a mold.
A mold refers to a rigid material and whose shape looks like the one you can produce.
The process of injection molding of black polycarbonate sheet entails the following steps:
- First, feed a small piece of black polycarbonate sheet into a heating barrel.
- It is then allowed to heat to the desired temperature as the heat mixes with the material of the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Then force molted black polycarbonate sheet into a mold at a very high temperature.
- The black polycarbonate sheet is then left to cool and harden.
- Thermoforming black polycarbonate sheet
It is the process of heating a black polycarbonate sheet to a given temperature then manipulating it either using a male or female mold.
In the process of thermoforming black polycarbonate sheet, you can either use:
- Vacuum forming: it entails applying a vacuum on the black polycarbonate sheet to form a suitable shape.
- Drape forming: it makes it possible to make uniaxial parts, and it entails heating the black polycarbonate sheet to make it take shape. It may form a mold that is either positive or negative.
- Pressure forming: it entails applying pressure to make the black polycarbonate sheet conform to the shape of the mold.
Joining Black Polycarbonate Sheet
This technique entails joining two or more parts of the black polycarbonate sheet.
Depending on the function you would like for your black polycarbonate sheet, you may choose either of the following options:
- Assembling entails using a wide range of fasteners to join sections of the black polycarbonate sheet together.
- Bonding involves applying an adhesive at the exact point where you would like to join the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Welding is not a very common process of joining black polycarbonate sheets as it entails so many steps.
What is the UL Rating of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
The UL rating of the black polycarbonate sheet is mainly UL 94, and it entails multiple flammability levels.
Some of the UL 94 ratings of black polycarbonate sheet include:
What Are The Factors Affecting Quality Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet Bending?
Some of the factors affecting the quality of black polycarbonate sheet bending include:
- Bending radius of the black polycarbonate sheet.
- The intensity of stress when turning the black polycarbonate sheet.
- The thickness of the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Bending temperature for the black polycarbonate sheet.
How Do You Thermoform Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
Thermoforming a black polycarbonate sheet entails using heat while combining it with pressure or molds to change the sheet into the desired form.
It ensures that the entire black polycarbonate sheet is open to alteration within a controlled environment.
In simple terms, thermoforming molds black polycarbonate sheets and then forms them over a mold.
After this, the black polycarbonate sheet will take the shape of the mold once it has come into contact with it.
Afterward, you will only be required to trim the mold to make it a usable product.
The essence of thermoforming polycarbonate sheet is to ensure that the formation of its parts is repeatable and has uniformity.
Some of the essential considerations in thermoforming of black polycarbonate sheet include:
- Type of thermoforming polycarbonate machine
- The complexity of the part of the black polycarbonate sheet which is to be formed
- Thermoforming system’s process
Thermoforming of black polycarbonate sheet techniques include:
- Vacuum forming
- Pressure forming
- Plug assisted forming
- Twin sheet forming
- Drape forming
Vacuum and Pressure Forming Processes
In summary, the process of thermoforming black polycarbonate sheet entails the following steps:
- Pre-drying the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Heating the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Shaping the black polycarbonate sheet
- Cooling of the black polycarbonate sheet
How Do You Test The Quality Of Black Polycarbonate Sheets?
Some of the ways to test the quality of black polycarbonate sheets include:
Checking The Density Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet
Density is an essential aspect of black polycarbonate sheets.
You can test the density of the black polycarbonate sheet using the method of water displacement.
It also uses weight to establish the density of the black polycarbonate sheet.
You can conduct the test on either raw materials or the molded parts.
It is a test used to determine the hardness of a black polycarbonate sheet.
Typically, it measures the permanent depth of indention.
Of course, this is due to the load from an indenter or a force.
At first, applying a minor load to a sample of polycarbonate sheets suing a ball indenter.
The nominal load breaks through the surface to reduce the effects of the finish on the surface.
Once the test is complete for specified dwell time, the depth of indentation of the baseline is then measured.
Testing The Tensile Strength Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet
It entails the following series of steps:
- You can cut or inject black polycarbonate sheets into dumbbell shapes. The exact figure will depend on the black polycarbonate sheet’s rigidity and thickness.
- After doing this, you will load the specimen into tensile grips.
- Then the extensometer should be attached to the sample.
- After this, you should commence the test by separating the tensile grips at a constant speed rate. The speed used will depend on the shape of the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Make sure that the target time from start to finish should be between 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
- Measure the results at the point the sample of the black polycarbonate sheet breaks.
You can use it to test if many contaminants may make the black polycarbonate sheet easy to break. It is suited for testing how a black polycarbonate sheet can respond when suddenly subjected to stress.
It will ascertain if the materials of the black polycarbonate sheet are brittle or very tough.
What Should I Use To Clean My Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
You should clean your black polycarbonate sheet using warm water and a mild household detergent.
After doing this, you will need to wipe off any remaining dirt using a soft cloth and then rewash the black polycarbonate sheet.
Never wash black polycarbonate sheets using a cleaner that is solvent-based like ammonia.
In addition, avoid using sponges or brushes which may scratch the surface of the black polycarbonate sheet.
How Does A Solid Black Polycarbonate Sheet Compare To A Multiwall Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Solid black polycarbonate sheet compares to multiwall black polycarbonate sheet in the following ways:
Solid Black Polycarbonate Sheet
You can create this using thermoplastic synthetic resin material, which is strong and light in weight.
It highly impacts resistance and is more insulating as compared to materials such as glass.
A solid black polycarbonate sheet is ideal for construction, roofing, glazing, and architecture applications.
This is because it can be shaped, drilled, or cut with so much ease as it does not break under pressure.
It is also possible to obtain a solid black polycarbonate sheet that is UV protected on either side. Like multiwall polycarbonate sheets, they still comprise high heat resistance, electrical resistance, and dimensional stability.
Solid Black Polycarbonate Sheet
Multiwall Black Polycarbonate Sheet
The use of thermoplastic synthetic resin creates it just like solid black polycarbonate resin.
This material ensures that it has dimensional stability, high resistance to heat, and electrical resistance.
The multiwall black polycarbonate sheet sheets are sheets of plastic structured with several “walls” in their structure.
This ensures that there is no hollow space left in between and, at the same time, does not compromise the strength and stability of the multiwall black polycarbonate sheet.
In this way, it forms a distinctive interior structure and allows for sufficient transmission of light. It is suitable for interior wall or roofing applications for a lot of industries.
Multiwall Black Polycarbonate Roofing Material
What Is The Difference Between Acrylic Sheet And Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Acrylic sheet is light in weight, strong and flexible, and available in a wide range of colors.
On the other hand, black polycarbonate sheet is heavier, relatively costly, and scratches easily, although it is virtually unbreakable.
How Does Transparent Polycarbonate Sheet Compare To Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Transparent polycarbonate sheet compares to black polycarbonate sheet in the following ways:
- A transparent polycarbonate sheet tends to be visible, while for a black polycarbonate sheet, it is not easy to see through it.
- The mechanical properties of transparent polycarbonate sheets tend to be slightly higher than those of black polycarbonate sheets, apart from their impact strength.
A Transparent Polycarbonate Sheet
Can I Polish Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Yes, black polycarbonate sheets can be polished.
However, manufacturers recommend that they polish the sheets for you to achieve the best results because they have special equipment for the activity.
How Can You Drill Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
You can drill a black polycarbonate sheet using a regular battery type drill and a familiar spiral bit.
Ensure that you keep the speed of the exercise shallow and be careful when drilling.
Keep removing the black polycarbonate sheet cut from the hole and position a piece of scrap wood directly under the black polycarbonate sheet.
Which Printing Methods Are Used In Black Polycarbonate Sheet Printing?
Printing of black polycarbonate sheets tends to be one of the most effective and reliable ways of personalization.
Some of the printing methods include:
- Digital printing on black polycarbonate sheets
- Black polycarbonate sheet 3D printing
- Silkscreen printing
How Do I Bond Two Pieces Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet Together?
You can bond two pieces of black polycarbonate sheet using a wide range of techniques, some of which include:
- Adhesive bonding
- Solvent bonding
- Mechanical fastening
Is Black Polycarbonate Sheeting Flammable?
Yes, a black polycarbonate sheet is flammable as all plastic materials are flammable and will catch fire whenever there is an external flame.
The ignition temperature of the black polycarbonate sheet is 490 degrees Celsius.
Black polycarbonate sheet self-extinguishing.
It would be best to note that black polycarbonate sheet tends to have low flammability and is flame primarily retardant.
The black polycarbonate sheet is self-extinguishing whenever the fam source is removed and will neither prevent fire nor help spread love.
What Are The Main Techniques Of Bending Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
The main techniques of bending black polycarbonate sheets include:
Cold Line Bending
It is the process whereby you can bend black polycarbonate without heat.
To obtain the best results in this technique, you should consider the angle of bending, thickness, and tooling.
This technique ensures that the edges of the black polycarbonate sheet have a smooth finish and makes it impossible for cracks forming on the bend line.
The black polycarbonate sheet in this technique is bent rapidly, mainly with the protective film in place.
It is essential to ensure that the bend of the black polycarbonate sheet sticks to the desired angle.
Even after spring back, you should bend it at 20 to 40 degrees larger than the angle desired.
Cold line bending is not recommended for black polycarbonate sheet variants, either UV-protected or hard coated.
This is because the bending technique may weaken the efficacy and given additives along the bending line.
It is the technique of bending the entire black polycarbonate sheet to form an arch or a dome. When creating such a shape, the importance of the cold-forming radius tends to come into use.
It provides the minimum radius you can obtain if the final form of the black polycarbonate sheet remains in place.
Please note that the more complex the variant of the black polycarbonate sheet, the greater its minimum radius for cold forming.
Break Bending Polycarbonate
It is a technique that uses a device referred to as a press brake to change the black polycarbonate sheet into the final form desired.
You can achieve this since the black polycarbonate sheet is flexible. Therefore, you can bend the polycarbonate without breaking it.
You can hold a black polycarbonate sheet between two pieces of metal known as ram or punch.
It is a mobile and a die that tends to be immobile, and then the mobile sections move the black polycarbonate sheet to force it into the desired form.
Hotline bending technique entails:
- It is softening a given length of the black polycarbonate sheet using a heated strip that is narrow such as an electric heater or a hot wire.
- You can heat a black polycarbonate sheet on either one or both sides, and its thickness determines this.
- For black polycarbonate sheets which are thicker than 3mm, you should mainly use double-sided heating.
Bending Black Polycarbonate Sheet Using A Heat Gun
Making use of a heat gun in turning of black polycarbonate sheet resembles using hotline bending.
The main difference is that the operator will have to move the heat gun along the bend line repeatedly.
The operator will also have to flip the black polycarbonate sheet to heat all sides.
Can Black Polycarbonate Sheet Be Recycled?
Yes, black polycarbonate sheets can be recycled, although some applications desired virgin black polycarbonate sheets.
Are There Any Disadvantages Of Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Yes, black polycarbonate sheet has a few disadvantages, and some of these include:
- Black polycarbonate sheets tend to be costly, although, in the long run, they will ensure returns on investment.
- It is susceptible to degradation, especially the black polycarbonate sheets, which do not have an anti-ultraviolet treatment.
- To achieve optimum performance of black polycarbonate sheet, you will need to add other treatments. It is not resistant to scratches or fog.
Thus, it will require the addition of anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings.
What Precautions Should I Take When Fabricating Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Some of the precautions to take when fabrication black polycarbonate sheets include:
- As a technician, you will need to put on all the necessary protective gear. Some of these items include goggles, protective clothing, gloves, and boots.
- Protect the black polycarbonate sheet from excess heat.
- Ensure that the black polycarbonate sheet is free from disproportionate impact and scratches.
- Make sure that you are aware of how the machine functions to prevent unnecessary accidents.
What Are The Features Of A Matte Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Some of the features of matte black polycarbonate sheets include
- It is unbreakable
- Has high impact resistance
- Able to operate under a wide temperature range
- High dielectric strength
- Light in weight
- Attractive and glossy finish
Will The Black Polycarbonate Sheet Fade With Time?
No, a black polycarbonate sheet does not fade over time as manufacturers use the best surface finishing options to ensure that the colors last.
Is Black Polycarbonate Sheet Opaque Or Translucent?
Black polycarbonate sheet is opaque or non-translucent, and they also tend to be glossy on both sides.
Which Coating Can You Apply On Black Polycarbonate Sheet?
Some of the coatings which you can apply to the black polycarbonate sheet include:
- Anti-fog Coating: it eliminates any problems of fogging which may impair vision by minimizing the surface energy of water and reducing the surface tension.
It will cause the droplets of water to spread in a thin layer of film that is very clear.
- Anti-scratch coating: it protects the surface of the black polycarbonate sheet from scratches. It is available in different grades, some of which include
- Hardness >1H designed for general use
- Hardness >3H, which is an upgraded version of >H1
- Hardness 8~9H, which is considered a superior coating
- Thermoformable and optical anti-scratch Coating
- Anti-glare Coating: it removes the possibility of reflection from the surface of the black polycarbonate sheet.
- Anti-static Coating: it prevents production and building up of static charges. Anti-static Coating prevents particulate attraction in a way that ensures a transparent surface.
For all your black polycarbonate sheets, contact WeProFab now.