Polycarbonate Window Well Covers
WeProFab is the entrusted polycarbonate window well covers fabricator in China. We can offer you various of many types in our polycarbonate window well covers for any purposes. We can also cut-to-size and customize to meet every customer’s demand.
Get WeProFab Polycarbonate Window Well Cover to Delight Your Customers
Our polycarbonate window well covers are perfect for long-lasting use since it has waterproof, UV resistance, durable, and high-quality. We also offer you different designs that will suit your desire for any purpose.
Our polycarbonate window well covers are available in clear color which provides excellent visibility that lets maximum light into your basement. WeProFab will offer you high-quality and UV light protection.
WeProFab offers custom for your polycarbonate window well covers. You can select your size, shapes, and design to achieve the perfect fit for your windows well. We can produce base on your specifications.
WeProFab offers cut-to-size options for your polycarbonate window well covers which you can choose your desire sizes to fit your existing window well. We can provide you a durable and affordable price.
WeProFab offers window well covers that have an excellent impact resistant that combines strength and function for maximum durability. We can offer you a long-lasting use window well covers.
If you want to have a curve design for your polycarbonate window well covers, you can purchase here at WeProFab. We offer you a lot of curving design and can be purchase at an affordable price.
Our polycarbonate window well covers are waterproof which keeps outs a lot more water when it rains. WeProFab offers you highly competitive rates and a lightweight waterproof polycarbonate window well covers.
As WeProFab is a joint-venture of WeeTect Limited Material and Chinese local fabrication manufacturer, we are your best solution for plastic and metal fabrication. Our polycarbonate window well covers are perfect for construction. We offer various types of our polycarbonate window well covers that fitted your window well demand.
We have waterproof, impact-resistant, clear, curving, decorative, sloped, universal, flat, hinges, and cut-to-size. WeProFab offers custom-made to perfectly fit your polycarbonate window well covers demand. You can send us here your size, shapes, and designs.
WeProFab performs product processing to meet everyone’s specifications such as thermoforming, bending, and many more. As a CE certified, we manage and control the products to have tested quality. Want to have a polycarbonate window well covers now? Contact WeProFab now.
Custom Polycarbonate Window Well Cover to Boost Your Business
Why WeProFab Polycarbonate Window Well Cover
Having an elegant design and safe yet affordable for your window well covers are not easy to find, but here’s the great news! WeProFab is your best solution for that. We are the number one manufacturer and supplier of applicable building materials in China. WeProFab polycarbonate window well covers are perfect for your every demand.
We offer plenty of different types in our polycarbonate window well covers that include waterproof polycarbonate window well covers, clear polycarbonate window well covers, polycarbonate window well covers curving, impact-resistant polycarbonate window well covers, and so on.
Our polycarbonate window well covers are ideal to apply at home. It will protect your window well from snow, rain, dirt, yard debris, and animals away. WeProFab offers an excellent impact resistant, lightweight, heat resistance properties, and excellent visual clarity.
Our polycarbonate window well covers have a UV protection to resist, cracking, hazing, and discoloration. It is perfect for warm climates since it has UV blocking and heat resistance. Our polycarbonate window well covers have combined strength and function for maximum durability to make long-lasting use.
Upgrade your window well cover with our selection of polycarbonate window well cover such as decorative, sloped, hinges, universal, and flat. You can free to choose here what’s fit perfectly on your window well cover. You can choose any kind of design here at WeProFab. No worries about the size and shapes of your window well since we offer a universal design that will absolutely fir in your demand.
WeProFab offers cut-to-size where you can choose your size depends on your demand. We also custom polycarbonate window well covers and we will fabricate it base on your specifications. If you want to have custom-made options for your polycarbonate window well covers, just send to us your specified size, shapes, and designs. We can assure you to have satisfaction and meet your exact requirements.
As an ISO 9001 certified company, WeProFab strictly manages the quality of the products before transporting. If you want to have a polycarbonate window well covers or custom-made products for your personal or business needs, WeProFab is your best fabricator and supplier for that. For further questions or inquiries about our polycarbonate window well covers, please message us now.
Polycarbonate Window Well Covers: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Polycarbonate window well cover refers to a thermoplastic sheet material designed to fit over the top surface of an open window well.
The essence is to cover the exposed window well and the basement to prevent any imminent accidental falls.
This cover also prevents water, snow, and debris from building up in the window well to avert possible basement flooding.
- What Benefits Do Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Offer?
- Is Polycarbonate Window Well Cover Better Than Acrylic Window Well Cover?
- How Can You Customize Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- Can Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Shatter?
- What Are The Different Surface Finish Types Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- How Do You Determine The Cost Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Is The Durability Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Are The Technical Features Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- How Do You Test The Quality Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- Does Exposure To Direct Sunlight Affect Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- How Do You Determine The Ideal Size Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Other Color Options Are Available Other Than Clear Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- Is Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Repairable?
- What Is The Thickness Limitation For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Are The Common Shapes For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- How Safe Are Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Are The Shortcomings Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Are The Suitable Surface Treatments To Integrate Into Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- Can You Tint Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- Are There Specific Quality Standard Certifications For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
- What Factors Determine MoQ Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
What Benefits Do Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Offer?
polycarbonate window well cover
Generally, typical polycarbonate window well covers provide several advantages, including the following;
Installing this well cover adds immense visual appeal to your building.
In essence, this makes it quite artistic, attractive and increases its value by making the structure appear more upscale.
Increases Energy Efficiency
This window well cover enhances insulation in the basement since it keeps drafts out.
Besides, they protect your basement from relatively harsh and intense sun rays but still permit natural light to get inside.
A well-fixed polycarbonate window well cover surrounds the whole window surface.
Since the design of this cover features leak-proof construction, water can hardly permeate through it even in a big storm.
Of essence, this prevents your basement from flooding.
This window well cover protects household members, visitors, and pets from falling and getting injured.
Since it is naturally strong, it can hold an incredible amount of weight to protect anyone stepping on it accidentally.
Serves as Emergency Escape Routes
The design, construction, and installation of these window well covers allow you to easily open them from inside.
Thus, if there is an emergency inside the building, it becomes easy to escape quickly and save lives and properties.
Polycarbonate window well covers are unbreakable irrespective of the amount of impact pressure you subject them to.
Besides, their design construction makes it nearly impossible to open from the outside.
Thus, they increase security of your home by deterring intruders and burglars from accessing the building.
Is Polycarbonate Window Well Cover Better Than Acrylic Window Well Cover?
Polycarbonate material used for making the window well covers is seemingly more superior to acrylic material in many aspects, albeit marginally.
polycarbonate window well cover
Some elements, which make polycarbonate window well covers better than its acrylic option include the following;
- Strength – Naturally, polycarbonate is immensely strong, about 250 times stronger than ordinary glass.
Acrylic, on the other hand, is about 20 times stronger than glass, making polycarbonate a better option to consider here.
- Optical clarity – Polycarbonate window well cover offers better optical clarity than its acrylic alternative.
The former allows up to 95% of light to pass through it compared to the latter, which permits about 90-92% of light.
- Dimensional stability – You can attain better dimensional stability with polycarbonate window well cover than with acrylic window well cover.
- Eco-friendliness – Polycarbonate window well cover is eco-friendlier than its acrylic option. Essentially, you fully recycle the former and reuse it, whereas this is hectic to attain in the latter.
- Resistance to environmental factors –Polycarbonate window well cover has a better tolerance to numerous ecological elements such as corrosion, fogging, heat and impact.
In general, you can use these window well covers interchangeably if need be.
However, polycarbonate window well cover comes out as a superior alternative to acrylic window well cover.
acrylic window well cover
How Can You Customize Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
You can use various techniques to customize polycarbonate window well covers and ensure it meets your specific demands.
custom polycarbonate window well cover
Most common customization ideas you can integrate into these covers include the following;
Tinting – It merely implies applying a specific color shade on the surface material of this well cover to make it more unique from the traditional clear hue.
Shaping – This customization idea involves molding the window cover to attain a particular preferred figure.
Laminating – Ideally, it involves applying multiple layers on the surface material specifically to enhance its strength, appearance, sound insulation, and stability.
Surface lighting – You can incorporate backlighting on the polycarbonate window well covers to illuminate during the night for aesthetics.
Can Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Shatter?
The base material for making this material is naturally strong since it is derived from natural substances, albeit in inert form.
Molecular structure of polycarbonate material is sturdy and can hardly break even when exposed to extreme impact pressure.
Besides, during the manufacturing process of this thermoplastic window well cover, several strength-enhancing additives are integrated.
In essence, this creates a solid and shatterproof window well cover.
What Are The Different Surface Finish Types Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
You can find polycarbonate window well covers in numerous surface finishes.
Ideally, this is imperative since it enables you to choose a particular one suitable for your demands.
The common surface finish types you will likely come across include the following;
- Engraved surface finish
- Smoked surface finish
- Translucent surface finish
- Clear surface finish
- Antiglare surface finish
- Embossed surface finish
- Perforated surface finish
How Do You Determine The Cost Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Ordinarily, the cost of purchasing this component is dependent on numerous factors.
The ideal way of determining the actual cost is by inquiring from the specific preferred manufacturer or supplier.
Often, different manufacturers price this component differently based on numerous factors such as the following;
- Number of pieces you are purchasing at the same time
- Quality of polycarbonate material for making the window well cover
- Type and quality of surface finish of the window well cover
- Any modifications and extent required to be incorporated on the window well cover
- Size and surface thickness of the material
What Is The Durability Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Generally, polycarbonate window well covers exhibit immense durability since they feature solid material and design construction.
If all factors remain constant, these covers can last for at least 20 years without degrading or deforming.
However, the precise durability is often based on numerous prevailing factors such as the following;
- Polycarbonate grade is used for making this component.
Typically, a more superior polycarbonate grade yields a more durable window well cover and vice versa.
- Specific care and maintenance on the window well cover. In essence, a properly maintained one will outlast a poorly maintained one significantly.
- Extent of exposure to various mechanical and environmental elements.
Harsh environmental conditions tend to reduce the overall longevity of this component, unlike moderate conditions.
- Quality of workmanship details incorporated during manufacturing process.
Ordinarily, a substandard polycarbonate window well cover will have shorter durability and vice versa.
What Are The Technical Features Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
These well covers exhibit a wide range of excellent technical specifications making them among the most sought after in the market.
Such features include the following;
- Lightweight – Typical polycarbonate window weighs about two times less than an ordinary glass window well cover.
- Immense impact resistance – The material is incredibly strong, about 300 times stronger than ordinary glass.
- Excellent dimensional stability – It can hardly deform nor degrade irrespective of the temperature level it is exposed to.
- Great temperature tolerance – This component can withstand high temperatures for long without bending or distorting.
- Flexible – The surface material of this component is quite pliable, making it highly machinable and moldable, especially for customization needs.
- Better thermal insulation – It regulates amount of heat quite well.
- Non-reactive – It can withstand various chemical compounds without corroding the surface material.
How Do You Test The Quality Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Polycarbonate window well covers are often taken through intense quality tests before getting to the end-users.
These tests usually look into numerous technical elements of the covers to guarantee suitability, efficiency, and safety in respective applications.
The commonly used quality-determinant tests include the following;
- Pressure endurance tests – The essence is to establish this component’s ability to withstand impact pressure.
- Physical property test – It examines molecular structure of this component to determine its overall quality and suitability.
Some specific tests under these tests include hardness, tensile strength, flexural property, etc.
- Temperature resistance test – This test establishes ability of polycarbonate window well covers to withstand different temperature levels.
Does Exposure To Direct Sunlight Affect Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Yes, to a certain extent.
Mainly, direct sunlight emits harmful ultraviolet radiation.
Thus, extended exposure of this component to direct sunlight enables the radiations to gradually penetrate the surface material.
Upon penetration, the UV rays attack and weaken the molecular structure of the polycarbonate window well covers.
The weakening of these molecules leads to a partial or complete breakdown of the same resulting in yellowing of the component.
Now the yellowing effect majorly affects the aesthetic value of this component since it makes it look unattractive.
To prevent such occurrence, however, it is advisable to ensure you go for a window well cover made from high-quality grade polycarbonate material.
How Do You Determine The Ideal Size Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Size varies depending on the exact dimensions of the window well you intend to cover.
Ideally, to establish a suitable size, you need to get the exact measurements of your window well.
Of course, this may vary depending on the shape of the window well; thus, you need to be as accurate as possible to get a perfect fit.
For normal dimensions such as square, triangle rectangle and circle, you’ll only need to use a measurement tool such as a tape measure.
However, for complex shapes such as octagon and hexagon, you’ll need to use advanced methods to determine the ideal size of this component.
The bottom line is that there is no standard size for polycarbonate window well covers,
It all depends on the window well configuration.
What Other Color Options Are Available Other Than Clear Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Since polycarbonate material is easy to color, it means you can find the resultant window well cover in as many hues as possible.
Ordinarily, most manufacturers provide as many as 50 different color shades for this component.
Moreover, you can choose multicolored shade, which simply entails more than three colors on same surface material.
In other words, polycarbonate window well covers are available in all primary, secondary, tertiary and mixed colors.
Is Polycarbonate Window Well Covers Repairable?
But the specific repair needed depends on the type of damage on the surface material of this component.
Often, removing scratches and fading are the common damages repaired on polycarbonate window well covers.
Mostly, fading and scratches are repaired by polishing the surface of this component using ideal polishing method.
Buffing, vapor polishing and flame polishing are among the main types of polishing methods you can use to repair this component.
What Is The Thickness Limitation For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
It entirely depends on your preference.
Simply put, there is no limitation to the thickness size of this component to choose.
However, it would be important not to go for a relatively slim one since it may not last for long as you’d expect.
Also, you should never go for a very thick surface size since it will likely compromise the efficiency of the intended purpose.
Thus an ideal thickness range to consider should be between 20-50mm.
You can always go slightly lower or higher based on other factors surrounding the project.
What Are The Common Shapes For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
You can find polycarbonate window well covers in a wide variety of shapes and configurations.
Ordinarily, the base material for making this component is immensely machinable.
Thus, you can mold it into different shapes depending on your preference and still attain best results.
Nonetheless, the common shapes available for this component include the following;
- Convex shape
- Concave shape
How Safe Are Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Comparatively safe than most window well cover alternatives.
For instance, unlike glass, polycarbonate is hardly brittle, which means it can hardly break nor shatter irrespective of impact pressure it is subjected to.
Technically, this is an ideal safety feature since it doesn’t pose a danger, especially to kids who may be playing around it.
Besides, polycarbonate window well covers hardly corrode since the base material is non-reactive.
It exhibits excellent tolerance to different chemical substances, and the reaction with such compounds never emits toxic fumes.
What Are The Shortcomings Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
They are relatively few and mostly include the following;
- Expensive – Polycarbonate window well covers are arguably the most expensive among other thermoplastic material alternatives.
- Relatively susceptible to scratches – The component is made from a soft-surfaced material, which is a bit sensitive to scratches from abrasive objects and aggressive handling.
- Dulling and yellowing – It can easily yellow, especially if exposed to direct sunlight for long, and this compromises quality and reduces aesthetic value.
What Are The Suitable Surface Treatments To Integrate Into Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Quite a number, but the commonly used ones include the following;
Anti-fog coating – Designed to prevent moisture from accumulating or sticking on the surface material of this component.
Anti-scratch coating – It prevents scratches from forming on surface of this component.
UV additive – The essence of this coating treatment is to deter harmful UV rays from penetrating the surface material of this window well cover.
Anti-reflective coating – It prevents excessive or unwanted light from reflecting on this component.
Can You Tint Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
You can use several techniques to apply various tint finishes on the surface material of polycarbonate window well covers.
tint polycarbonate window well cover
The common methods you can use to tint this component include the following;
- Spray painting – It involves spraying a thin layer of paint on the surface material of this component to attain the ideal tint.
- Window film tinting – This is a manual technique, which involves applying a tint film on top of polycarbonate window well cover.
- Cloth dying – It is a tinting method involving use of cloth dye but requires more meticulousness to attain a consistent coat.
- Permanent marker coloring – This method entails using a permanent marker to apply your ideal tint on surface material of the polycarbonate window well cover.
Are There Specific Quality Standard Certifications For Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
Typical polycarbonate window well covers must get quality and suitability approval from different recognized and reputable agencies.
The common quality certifications applicable worldwide include the following;
- Restriction of Hazardous Substance Directive (RoHS)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International)
- CE Certification
- SGS Certification
Nevertheless, it would be imperative to confirm with the specific quality assurance agencies in your particular country or region.
What Factors Determine MoQ Of Polycarbonate Window Well Covers?
The main MOQ determinant factor of polycarbonate window well cover is the specific manufacturer you are purchasing from.
Most manufacturers set MOQ for buying this component depending on different elements surrounding the order.
However, you can always negotiate with the manufacturer and agree on an ideal MOQ that you’re your demands.
For all your polycarbonate windoe well covers from China, contact WeProFab now.