Acrylic’s remarkable qualities as a strong thermoplastic with impact and scratch resistance finds use across different applications in the world.
You can modify acrylic sheet for your unique application requirements.
As a result, there are different variations of the acrylic material to suit varying needs as follows:
1. Abrasion Resistant Acrylic Sheeting
Enhances the resistance to abrasion of standard acrylic sheets by employing a reinforced coating invulnerable to scratching and scraping. The abrasion resistant acrylic material is also impervious to corrosive chemicals such as basic and acidic solutions.
- Can implement single or double sided coatings
- Protection from contaminants like dust and ash
- Availability in various thicknesses and sizes
- Partitions for public spaces
- Outdoor constructions such as gazebos
- Display cases
- Shadow boxes
2. Anti-Static Acrylic Sheeting
Employing this acrylic sheeting is necessary where there’s danger of electrostatic discharge that can cause latent damage to electrical appliances. This acrylic sheeting type utilizes a transparent coating which prevents surface static charge development.
The coating is permanent unlike the temporal coatings used in conventional acrylic hence resistant to humidity and moisture.
- Offers remarkable strength and longevity
- Enhanced resistance to chemical and abrasive contact
- Available in different shapes and sizes
Applications with surfaces exhibiting electrical conductivity such as:
- Covers for conveyer lines
- Control shields
- Glove boxes
3. Clear Acrylic Sheeting
Most acrylic sheets are clear with high flexibility allowing their production in various sizes. Clear acrylic sheetings can come in thicknesses ranging anywhere from 40 mils to four inches and length and bread measurements in feet.
- Enhanced optical results
- Remarkable durability and strength thus reduced breakage
- Saves costs by down gauging while maintaining structural integrity
- Allows faster fabrication
- Great dimensional stability
- Withstands yellowing
- Store fixtures
- Display windows
4. Colored Acrylic Sheeting
While essentially a basic acrylic sheeting, this type is available in different colours making it a worthy replacement for conventional glass.
- High strength quality
- Aesthetically superior
- Highly durable
- Available in different thicknesses and sizes
- Easily fabricated without causing structural failure
- Home décor
These acrylic sheets are transparent but with illuminated ends allowing lighting aspects.
- Can support different colours in illumination
- Enhanced lucidity and coloration
- Decorative items
- Interior light covers
6. Impact Modified Acrylic
While standard acrylic sheets offer incredible strength exceeding glasses up to seventeen times, it falls short in comparison to polycarbonate material. However, modified acrylic sheets mitigate this deficiency by enhancing impact strength but at lower cost.
- Better tolerance to extreme weathers
- Enhanced melt strength
- Optical clarity
- Superior impact resistance
- Averts yellowing and color loss
- Functionality in extreme temperature ranges
- Highly durable
- Retail displays
- Window and door profiles
7. Light Diffusing Acrylic
Possesses high light diffusion capability thus hindering fluctuations in illumination and hot spot formations reducing need for additional light sources.
- High strength and durability
- Lightweight and versatile
- Different size and colour options
- Outdoor and indoor signage
- Channel letters
- Backlit applications
- Screen covers
8. Lucite Block Acrylic Sheeting
Allows for direct embedment of LED lights in acrylic sheeting for even dispersion of light, finding use in complex lighting undertakings. Lucite block acrylic sheets make it possible for sustained continuous colour transmission regardless of the source of light.
- Conducive for both indoor and outdoor applications
- Supports low profile manufacture of channel letters
- Graphical communication
- Advertising and signage
9. Mirrored Acrylic Sheeting
Presents a surface with high reflective quality and resistance to stress application while maintaining the standard acrylic strength and durability.
- Available in different colors
- Resistant to impact stress
- Weather resilient
- Long service life
- Retail displays
- Cosmetic fronts
- Slat walls
10. Non-Glare Acrylic Sheeting
Offers incredible protection by reducing glare without blocking light out entirely allowing you to have clear displays.
- Employs a matte finish
- Optimal viewing
- Durable and lightweight
- Impeccable impact strength
- Product displays
- Building glass shutters
11. Solar Tinted Acrylic
Gives enhanced protection from UV radiation without the addition of a protective film which can peel or bubble. This acrylic material reduces the glare caused by the sun which is useful in protecting sensitive objects from light fading.
- Conveniently manages temperatures within your premises thus saving energy costs
- Offers high strength and durability
- Increased safety levels than standard glass
- Food displays
- Building windows
12. Textured Acrylic Sheeting
Finds use as a remarkable alternative to glass thanks to its durability and visual appeal by addition of unique surface finishes.
- Incredible strength
- Impressive transmission of light
- Available in transparent or translucent options for privacy such as bathroom stall partition
- UV absorbent
- Cabinet doors
- Partitioning panels
- Patio furniture
- Bathroom partition walls
13. White Acrylic Sheeting
Where you need aesthetic touch in your application, white acrylic sheeting is the go to choice while maintaining impact resistance.
- Preserves original clear edge even after the fabrication process
- Available in different sizes depending on your application needs
- Its transitory nature is essential in applications that are light sensitive
- Can support infrastructure such as LED lighting
- Outdoor signage
- LED lights
Apart from these, we have the cell cast acrylic sheet, extruded acrylic sheet and continuous cast acrylic sheets.
As you can see, each type of acrylic sheet has unique features and properties. Depending on your unique requirements, you can choose any acrylic sheet that meet’s your unique application requirements.
Acrylic – Source: Wikipedia
Acrylic Fabrication – Source: WeeTect
Cast Acrylic Sheets – Source: WeproFab
Extruded Acrylic Sheet –Source: WeproFab